Glaucoma is a serious, painful, and potentially life-changing eye problem that can affect our pets. The medical definition of glaucoma is increased intraocular pressure, which means that the fluid inside of the eye has increased with no way to exit. (Imagine filling a balloon with water until it stretches and almost bursts.) Initial recognition of glaucoma commonly requires emergency treatment to save vision. The patient would be hospitalized for pain control and be given diu
Poison to mice, poison to pets! Many variations of this type of poison are easily obtained and they taste good to mice and dogs. These poisons are easily fatal to any animal that ingests it. Frequently dogs visit our hospital after ingesting mouse poison right out of the package.Shown here are some packages brought in by owners after finding their dog with it. More often they see the dog nibbling the granules or bars of poison left in cabins, sheds, garages, or outbuildings.